Warehouse Equipment Operator- Gardner, KS
Sovereign Staffing is looking for experienced warehouse equipment operators for a facility in Edgerton/Gardner, KS! These positions are contract-to-hire opportunities and are your chance to get your foot in the door with a growing, nationwide manufacturer of high quality equipment for multiple industries.
Equipment Operators are responsible for assisting parts and whole-goods shipping, receiving and put-away activities in the distribution center through use of forklifts, reach trucks and order pickers. The Equipment Operator is responsible for operation of such equipment approximately 70% of their working time. **There will be some duties required that don't include equipment operation.
· Obtain copies of shipping orders/put away orders and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas within the facility.
· Move goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility.
· Stack goods in correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions.
· Check to ensure that trucks are properly loaded and that materials and equipment are secure.
· Perform daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment.
· Remove machine attachments and waste material from machines.
· Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
· May assist with warehouse maintenance activities including waste materials into appropriate bins for disposal.
· Certified to operate a forklift, reach truck, cherry picker as required according to OSHA standards.
· Follow instructions for operating assigned equipment and keeping required records.
· Must have flexibility to work overtime as required
· Maintain a clean and safe environment.
· May be required to use an RF scanner.
· Must wear steel toed footwear.
· MUST have a strong work ethic and excellent attendance
Starting pay: $16-18/hr